What Is User Experience (UX) Design?
User experience (abbreviated as UX) is about having a deep understanding how a person feels when interfacing with a system such as a website or app, what does he need, value, his abilities and limitations.
Peter Morville from Semantic studios created the User Experience Honeycomb, a nice illustration showing the facets of user experience:
He explains each facet or quality of the user experience:
- Useful. Ask whether the product and system is useful.
- Usable. Is it easy to use.
- Desirable. Use image, identity, brand and design elements to evoke emotion and appreciation.
- Findable. Design navigable web sites, so users can find what they need.
- Accessible. Should be accessible to people with disabilities.
- Credible. Users must trust and believe what you tell them.
- Valuable. Must deliver value for the user and add to the bottom line.